BUYING a home can seem like a daunting task. Don't get bogged down in the details! Here's a short list of things you need to know to get started!
1. Find a good Realtor and stick with them. It's important to have a good working relationship with someone you can trust. After all, they're going to be leading you through the entire process, so make sure they are someone that communicates well and has YOUR best interests at heart. An agent that works strictly as a BUYER'S Broker can help you through the entire process and won't be hindered by their own interests of selling their own listings and their services are FREE.
2. Find a lender and get pre-qualified. This process takes about 30 minutes. Your lender will ask you questions about your job history, salary and do an initial credit check. Then they will let you know what price range you qualify for. If your Realtor is doing their job, they won't let you look at homes without knowing what you can afford first!
3. Be mindful of your finances. This is not the time to go buy a new car or open up new lines of credit. Pay all your bills on time and don't acquire any new debt.
4. Save money for closing costs and a down payment. There are a few items that must be paid for up-front during the home buying process such as a home inspection, earnest money and possibly an appraisal. Unless you qualify for a VA loan, you'll also need money for a down payment.
5. Enjoy the process! Buying a home is one of the most intimidating and yet rewarding experiences of your life. If you surround yourself with professionals who care, they will walk you through every step and you'll find yourself in the home of your dreams in no time!
Call the Swantner Realty Group today to find out how we can help you!